Certified EKG Technician
COURSE: CERTIFIED EKG TECHNICIAN (VOUCHER INCLUDED)
EKG Technician Training
Become a Certified EKG Technician
Electrocardiography (EKG) technicians are vital members of any healthcare team. If you want to join the booming healthcare industry as an EKG tech, this course will train you to apply, monitor, and measure electrocardiography tests in a flexible, online learning environment. Upon completion of this course, you will have the option of choosing between AECA’s provisional Certified EKG Technician Specialist (CETS) certification exam OR the National Healthcareer Association’s (NHA) Certified EKG Technician (CET) exam.
Job Outlook for Certified EKG Technician
- The US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) forecasts 24% growth in the demand for EKG technicians between now and 2029, much faster than the average for all occupations.
- According to the National Healthcareer Association, the median annual salary for EKG technicians is $56,850 with top earners pulling in over $93,000 per year.
- Understand what an EKG Technician does and how to perform on the job
- Work with doctors, nurses and other professionals to provide essential healthcare
- Become eligible to sit for the provisional Certified EKG Technician Specialist (CETS) exam through the AECA or the Certified EKG Technician (CET) certification exam through the NHA
- Receive job assistance from our Externship Coordinator and access to our Externship Starter Kit
Prerequisites and Requirements
To take this online course, you should have one of the following: High School Diploma, GED or equivalent, entrance test, or previous healthcare experience. To qualify for the certification exam, a High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Please check with your state for any specific requirements they might have before registering.
- Cardiac Anatomy and Physiology
- Infection Control
- Communication and Legal Issues in Healthcare
- History of EKG
- EKG Introduction
- EKG Interpretation
- EKG Application Theory
- EKG Application Procedure
Jacqueline Garcia is a Certified Postsecondary Professional Instructor (CPPI), specializing in patient care education. Beyond actively training future patient care technicians, she develops academic content and curriculum for a number of programs.
Registration and Enrollment
This course is open enrollment. You can enroll and begin any time.