Registered Behavior Technician Training (Voucher Included)
The focused Registered Behavior Technician Training course will provide you with the essential skills and knowledge to meet the 40-hour training component, which is one of the requirements by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB) to become an RBT.
As a Registered Behavior Technician (RBT®), you can seek professional opportunities in a variety of growing industries not limited to psychiatric technicians and aids, behavioral disorders and mental health, and education. This RBT training course includes Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) and provides you with the required 40-hour training needed prior to scheduling an Initial Competency Assessment with your supervisor. Within the 40-hour training course, you have access to a Board-Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA®) who will provide feedback on in-course assignments designed to specifically prepare you for the Initial Competency Assessment. This RBT course also includes a voucher for the certification exam but does not include the application fee. The voucher is prepaid access to sit for the certifying exam upon eligibility.
With the support of a BCBA instructor, you will learn the steps required to administer behavioral intervention plans, record and prepare data for the behavior analyst, and follow ethical decision-making and protocol, as described by the board. You will learn the common functions of behavior, how to use motivators and reinforcers, conduct preference assessments, protocols for crisis prevention, and reduce or increase target behaviors by following a behavior intervention plan.
What you will learn
- Summarizing the role and the responsibilities of a Registered Behavior Technician (RBT)
- Measuring operationally defined behaviors through data collection and graphical representation
- Determining a learner's current motivations and reinforcers
- Determining appropriate behavior analytic interventions based on observations and documentation
- Choosing ethical behavior that upholds the rights and dignity of learners
How you will benefit
- Certificate of Completion for 40-hour training, required for certification and initial competency assessment
- Access to a Board-Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) with Initial Competency Assessment Training
- Real-time feedback and remediation on competency checks within the course
- WHAT KIND OF SALARY CAN I EXPECT AS A BEHAVIOR TECHNICIAN?
- DOES THIS COURSE PREPARE ME FOR A CERTIFICATION?
- WHEN CAN I START THIS CERTIFICATION?
- CAN I REGISTER FOR THIS COURSE IF i AM AN INTERNATIONAL STUDENT?
- HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE FOR ME TO COMPLETE THIS COURSE?
- WHAT IF I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO COMPLETE THE COURSE IN THE TIME FRAME PROVIDED?
- WHAT KIND OF SUPPORT WILL I RECEIVE?
- WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I COMPLETE THE COURSE?
- AM I GUARANTEED A JOB?
- CAN I GET FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE?
- HOW CAN I GET MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS COURSE?
- Introduction to Applied Behavior Analysis
- Measurement in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
- Assessment in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
- Skill Acquisition: Principles of Learning
- Skill Acquisition: Instructional Methods
- Behavior Reduction: Proactive Procedures
- Behavior Reduction: Reactive Procedures
- Crisis Prevention and Management
- Documenting and Reporting
- Professional and Ethical Conduct
- Ethics in ABA
- Final Exam
- This course can be taken on either a PC, Mac, or Chromebook.
- Video device to upload assignments within the course
- PC: Windows 10 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox is preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Microsoft Word Online
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
To participate in the competency activities and receive feedback from your instructor, you will need to have access to a video camera (on the phone or other device of familiarity) and be able to upload the video as an .mp4 file to the assignment pages for review. These activities are required in order to successfully pass the course.
A certifying exam can only be scheduled if the following criteria have been met:
- 18(+) years old with a high school education or equivalent
- Passed criminal background check
- Passed abuse registry check
- Completion of a 40-hour training course*
- Successfully complete an RBT initial competency assessment
- Approved application from BACB
* Note that this course only prepares you for the 40-hour training component. In order to complete the initial competency assessment, it is expected that you have an existing qualified supervisor, or that you are not pursuing an RBT certification.
Effective January 1, 2023, only individuals who reside in the United States (US), Canada, Australia, and the United Kingdom (UK) may apply for BACB certification.